Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pregnancy Journal: Week 37




How Far Along? 37 weeks! The countdown is on....

Gender: Don't know! We will find out the gender on his/her Birth Day. 

Weight Gain: Yesterday at my weekly (yes, weekly already) doctor's appointment, I was up 27 pounds. Remember when I was convinced that I was already up 26 pounds at week 33. Thankfully, I was wrong. The doctor does think that this baby will be larger than Emery and in the 8 pound range. 

Maternity Clothes: I wear a mix of maternity and non-maternity tops and all maternity pants with the exception of sleepwear. 

Nursery: The nursery is officially done. We have the walls painted, the bookshelves hung, the crib put together and the glider and changing table from Emery's room have been moved into K2's room. There will be some final touches that will be added to the room after that baby is born (a rug that has been on backorder forever, repaint the changing table to either white, a light pink or navy and some additional wall hangings). 

A little sneak peek

Movement: Yes, there is still a lot of movement. It is mostly big rolls at this point. The baby is head down now and running out of room to move.  

Symptoms: Feeling nauseous at night (feels similar to the morning sickness that I have during my first trimester). I mentioned this to my doctor and she said that I need to try to eat dinner earlier and that it should help. I have also had heartburn a couple of times which is a totally new experience. 

Sleep: Sleep is pretty limited and luckily I function pretty well on small amounts! 

Cravings: Lots of fruit, specifically watermelon, plums, nectarines and kiwi. 

What I Miss: Nothing! At this point in my pregnancy, I am so focused on the fact that the items that I have missed in the past are more than worth it for this precious baby. 

Best Moment This Week: My doctor's appointment and the confirmation that everything is looking good and moving right along. The baby's heartbeat was strong, I measured exactly on track and the baby is in the proper position. 

Looking Forward To: I am most looking forward to: 1. Finally finding out if we are adding another sweet little girl to our family or a handsome little boy 2. Watching Emery become a big sister and interact with a sibling (this one gets me teary-eyed just thinking about it) and 3. Only having two more doctor's appointments before K2 is here! What?!?!?! This pregnancy in many ways has totally flown by. It definitely has helped to have a toddler to chase around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment