Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap: The Big D


A weekend full of friends and a big city

On Saturday morning, the guys participated in the Tough Mudder Dallas. Check out the video....it's intense. John tried to get me to do it with him, but he obviously doesn't know me well enough after 8 years. I am totally risk-adverse and it gets worse the older that I get. I can barely enjoy skiing anymore... 

Tough Mudder Dallas - Fall 2013 #survived #shockedtodeath

While the guys were off proving their toughness, the girls headed out to do a little shopping. I picked up a few things, including this jacket from J. Crew. It is so much cuter in person. Maybe it's because of the styling? 

J. Crew via
Emery also tried to get her crawl on. She is not quite there, but I have a feeling that she will be before I know it. Time, please slow down.....


On Saturday night, we all headed out to the Owner's Box at the Omni to grab dinner and watch the South Carolina vs. Missouri game. It was definitely a hard game to watch with all the inceptions, fumbles and missed field goals. But, the injured Connor Shaw came in during the 4th quarter to tie it up and send us into overtime. In the end, the South Carolina Gamecocks were victorious and we could all sleep a little better that night.

The group (minus two) at dinner. 

E cheering for the Gamecocks

For the first time in a longtime, Spurrier looked happy at the end of the game. 

 "We're very happy of course. It was a game that I thought we were dead. About three quarters of the game anyway, but we got some points there in the fourth quarter. Connor Shaw brought us back, guys made some catches, the defense stopped them and somehow Elliot Fry made the field goal and their guy missed." - Steve Spurrier 

No comments:

Post a Comment