Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Five Months

Sweet Emery, 

The past five months have been the best of my life. You are my greatest blessing and the sweetest gift from God (and I know your daddy feels the same way). The love that I feel for you is beyond explanation. I could never be able to tell you or even show you the depths of that love. When you were first born, I would burst into tears because I was just so happy to be your mom. 

You are an easy baby, who is always happy and content. Our newborn photographer said that you were the most smiley baby that she had ever photographed. Happy right from the beginning! You hardly ever get fussy; so when you do, we get a little panicked. You are a good sleeper and for that I am thankful. You are also a curious little thing and we like to joke that you are nosy. When we are out, your eyes will track everyone that walks by. You always want to be a part of whatever is happening around us or at the table next to us. I think you will be a people person. I mean, you are your daddy's daughter.

Speaking of your daddy, you are his #1 fan. You find him extremely funny and I hope you always do. No one can make you laugh quite like him. And, those little laughs are the best. 

I love every moment with you and cherish the time that I get you to myself for some snuggle time. Every day you amaze me with your new noises and things you have learned.    

Love, 
Mommy








Eat & Sleep

Not much has changed here during the last month. She eats 6-7 times a day. I am trying to bump the amount up to 5 oz from 4 oz. Sometimes she will drink it, sometimes she won't.

We purchased rice cereal because she is definitely showing interest in food. She mimics chewing while I am eating my breakfast/dinner. The doctor said that we could let her try it. We have yet to do so, but maybe during this upcoming month she will get her first taste of solid food.

Emery is a great sleeper as I mentioned above. She is a full-time stomach sleeper. This fact use to keep me up at night and cause me lots of stress since she started doing it at 2.5 months (as soon as soon learned to flip over). Bedtime is between 7 pm-7:30 pm every night, depending on her naps for the day. Luckily, it is super obvious when it is time for bed. She will wake up once during the night, typically around 3 am to eat and then it is straight back to bed. This is typical, but doesn't mean we don't have our fair share of twice a night too.

We are on the two naps a day schedule - one around 10 am and the other around 2 pm. The naps typically last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours (with a few 2 hour ones).

What's new?

She is slowly becoming a sitting pro. She can sit up unassisted for up to one minute or until something really gets her excited and then she tumbles over.

She started this trying to crawl business. It is the cutest thing to see her get up into the "crawl" position and just sit there not quite knowing what to do next. She does what I call the inch worm to move forward - up in crawl position and down stretched out and repeat - slowing propelling herself forward. Usually, I need to hold a necklace or any shiny jewelry in front of her to tempt her into moving forward. Also, she is a belly scooting (and rolling over and over) machine. I can put her down and she will end up clear across the room. I know that I don't have much longer before I will need eyes in the back of my head. Gone are the days of sitting still and cuddling. She is on the constant move, even when sitting in my lap.

Drool, oh lots and lots of drool. No signs of any teeth making their appearance just yet, but lots of slobber on her shirts hinting towards some soon.

She is a nonstop talker. I mean, really nonstop babble and I love our little conversations. A good book (Harry the Dirty Dog - a current fave), a remote/cellphone, her jumperoo, feedings and touching faces really get her mouth a moving. Sometimes, I really think she is trying to be louder than I am (especially when reading a book), but I am not sure she can quite compete.


{Five Months}


{Four Months}

Stats at Checkup: Weight - 13.7 pounds (43%), Height - 26 inches (95%), Head - 16 inches (38%)
{Three Months}


{Two Months}

Stats at Checkup: Weight - 11 pounds (42%), Height - 23.5 inches (78%), Head - 15.25 inches (37%)
{One Month}



I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  - 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment