Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tomorrow


For the first time in a long time, I will wake up "jobless". It is an odd and very surreal feeling. I will not need to be up by 6:45 a.m. on the dot to shower and get dressed in a pencil skirt and button down shirt. There will be no need for makeup or high heels. I won't be sitting in traffic around 8 a.m. heading to a job in corporate America.

Instead, I will be waking up in the 6 a.m. hour to answer to a new boss. It will be makeup sometimes, workout clothes most days, cleaning when I can fit it in and I look forward to the possibilities of being a stay at home mom.

This doesn't mean that there will never be black dresses, cardigans or corporate America in my future. But for now, even if temporarily, I will take the time to learn a new city, spend QT with my little girl and make up for the time spent living far away with family and friends.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment