Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday - Halloween by the Numbers + A Peacock

via


It's Friday, Friday, Friday! It's Friday, Friday, Friday! Again, I am joining the 5 on Friday linkup. This week is all about Halloween + some Emery pictures sprinkled in (with commentary) for no other reason than pure cuteness.  

{ ONE }

Six. The number of bags of candy that we handed out to all the Trick or Treaters. 

The Goods   
Two giant bags: 
- Skittles/Starburst mix
- Nerds/Laffy taffy/SweeTarts mix
4 regular bags:
- Caramel Apple Suckers
- Milky Ways
- Kit Kats
- Almond Joys (Disclaimer: John picked these out. I told him that no kid likes almond joys.)

Random Note: Our neighbors gave away little bags of pretzels. Who does that? Can't you just see the disappointment in the kid's faces? 


"Mom, seriously? What is this thing on my head? I can't even see."

{ TWO }

Two. The number of hours that we were passing out candy before it ran out. Luckily, I did manage to sneak a few of the pieces of chocolate for myself. I bought it so I can eat it too, right?
 
"Dad, I can't believe you are letting me be this close to this scary house!"

{ THREE }

Three. The number of houses that we stopped by to visit. Our neighbors wanted to see E dressed up. Adults and kids just love babies. All babies, dressed up or not.  


"Mom, let me go so I can try to fly!"
"Mom, I love you and all, but you are really holding me back here." 

{ FOUR }

Eight Twenty. The time when our last Trick or Treater came by. Then it was lights out and bedtime for a little girl up way too late.  


"Dad, you know I think you are funny, but seriously put me down." 

"Sorry dad, I was wrong. I don't like this sitting thing." 

{ FIVE }

One. The number of cute little peacocks riding around the neighborhood. Emery had a fantastic Halloween and I even think the costume grew on her. She wasn't so sure about it in the beginning, but ended up all smiles. All in all, it was my favorite Halloween to date. I love that little peacock.  

"Dad, don't you see that I am holding on for dear life?" 
"Okay mom, thank you for making us head back. I'm worn out." 

Things that I learned this year:
- Kids don't care what kind of candy that you are giving out as long as it is candy!
- Halloween candy is expensive.
- Halloween will only get better and better for us as Emery enjoys it more and more in the years to come.

I am already looking forward to Halloween next year and daydreaming about what she will be!


4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing ever. I adore it! Good job E. You too mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. I think it's awesome that your neighbors handed out mini bags of pretzels. ...not gonna lie, so did we. My reason being: we hardly ever get trick-or-treaters (read: 1-2) and I don't want to be stuck with a big bag of candy that I'm going to have to eat. Cause let's face it, I will have to eat it. Plus, candy is so expensive, and I'm cheap, obviously... Sp I get pretzels because I know I like them and will end up eating them all anyway.

    Anyhow, yeah... Cute peacock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. My husband enjoyed the two packs of pretzels that the neighbors gave him. 😀

      Delete