So, it is time to let the cat out of the bag per say and announce that we are moving to Atlanta in December!
This move is definitely bittersweet, but a little more sweet than bitter. Here are my fives for bitter and sweet:
- Friends. We have made really good, lifelong friends here that we will miss. This is the first place that we have lived were we have a lot of married couple friends (Boston and Charlotte = mostly singles), which has been perfect for our stage in life.
- My Job. I am leaving a job that I love. I do the type of marketing and advertising that I always hoped I would when I was in school and during my first couple of jobs out of school. Brochure, newspaper ad, digital campaign, anyone?
- City and State. We are moving away from a city and state that we have come to enjoy. The place where we lived when we were married, a place that our daughter was born and place where we grew as a couple and family.
- Volunteer Work. For the past few years, I have been volunteering at the Laura Dester Shelter through my placement for the Junior League of Tulsa. This, by far, has been my favorite placement for JL and I hope to find one that I love just as much when I get to Atlanta. It has been so rewarding to interact with these children, whether it is reading a book, coloring, playing Jenga or going to a TU football game. It has been a pleasure to get to make their everyday life a little brighter. The staff at Laura Dester is amazing. The children at Laura Dester are amazing. And, I will really miss them.
- Thunder Basketball. We will miss having season tickets to the Thunder. This one is mainly for the hubs.
The Oh So Sweet.
- Home Sweet Home. While we will be two hours from my hometown and three and a half hours from the hubs hometown, this feels like going home to me. Hello east coast....
- Time Together with Loved Ones. We will get to attend every special event in our family and friends lives - birthdays, wedding events, festive parties, holiday get-togethers and just because we miss each other dinners.
- Beaches and Mountains. We will be within driving distance to some of my favorite beaches (Charleston, North Myrtle Beach, Savannah) and mountain towns (Hendersonville and Asheville).
- A Life House. We will be finding a house to call ours for the next 5-10 years. I can't wait to decorate this said house.
- Gamecock Football. We will get to go to way more football games now. We are talking about getting season tickets or the mini season for 2014.
There are so many things that I am looking forward to with this move to Atlanta and I can't wait to see what this city has in store for us.